A Commissioned work for Percussion
Dear Percussion Colleague,
Would you like something brand new written especially for you or your school?
If your school or ensemble is looking for something really special, something amazingly different and new then why not contact me and see about getting a brand new piece written?
Its not as expensive as you think… because:
A) I love doing it!
B) I get to sell the work on this website when I’m done
This commissioned work will be your schools to perform for ever – and it will have on the bottom of the score:
Commissioned by ________________________ (your school or name here)
You’ll also have the opportunity to do the world premiere the work.
This is the way I like to work
1. Fisrtly, I’ll Send you a detailed questionnaire about your ensemble, how many players, what sort of music your students are interested in, and any local stories of interest which might form a good subject for a piece of music
2. Then I’ll write a first draft based on the questionnaire and your needs
3. After that I’ll Send you the first draft for initial rehearsals
4. Once I’ve got your feedback after initial rehearsals via email and do the main revision work
5. Then I’ll send you the final revision for performance preparation
6. If necessary I’ll listen to a recorded rehearsal (video or audio, depending on what you are able to do) and discuss with you performance techniques, and any additional revisions that may be necessary via email or phone.
7. Lastly I’ll mail you the final score and CD recording prior to its official publication on ktpercussion.com, so you’ll own the very first copy published!
I can do virtually any type of work for this, within reason of course!
I’m happy to do a marching drum line type work, or a stage ensemble. I’m even prepared to create a work for school concert band or orchestra – however remember that my area of specialty is percussion…. so it would end up being a piece which used concert band or orchestra, but highlighted the percussion section.
If this is something of interest to you, then simply get in touch via email to:
and we can work out the details, give you an exact quote and get started.
Have a great day, and I’ll talk to you soon,
P.S. Usually I can do these for a fee of under $500, so email me for a quote and I’ll see what I can do for you!